Saturday, October 25, 2008

Ashlyn Kristine Luscomb 10-18-08

Our baby girl is one week old today! I have not had the chance to get on since then, so here is the short story.....


My water broke about 3AM Saturday morning, shortly after Chad got home from work. We called Labor & Delivery and they told us to come in. We got to the hospital about 4AM and I was admitted. It was a long day, and she was finally born at 5:45PM on Saturday, October 18th. I was completely surprised that it was a girl, we were all so convinced that I was having a boy. Even the nurses thought so - based on the heartbeat. Chad decided it was going to be a girl a couple of hours before she was born, because the nurse was commenting on the amount of hair she had and his Mom brought in a little blue teddy bear right as I was starting to push. I won't go into any detail on the whole labor process - thankfully it is all worth it once you hear that first cry and they put your baby on your chest.


She came in at 8 pounds, 2.8 ounces and 22 inches long - I don't know how she ever fit in my belly! She also has a full head of dark hair......


Pictures from her birth day.....




Cute little feet!

A picture from today - one week old......



That is all I have for now, hopefully I will be better at keeping this updated now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations again to the both of you! What an experience I am sure it was. Can not wait to meet her. :) Enjoy your time off...